Three Days to Surgery

November 21, 2010

The good news today is that Mark is experiencing peace about the scheduled surgery to replace his Mitral valve. This is still scheduled for Wednesday. We both have peace about it. He is also sleeping better in the hospital than he has in years. So, if you have been praying for peace and sleep, you have hit a home-run!

Currently, Mark is trying to decide which type of valve to have. He has his choice of titanium, pig or cow.  There are positive and negatives about each, and he has to decide what is best for him. Please pray that Mark would have wisdom concerning the valve type.

On Monday Mark will have an angiogram of his heart so the doctors can see if he has any other problems.  This is done routinely before heart surgeries of this nature.

Finally, we appreciate your notes, encouraging emails, and especially your prayers. We are grateful that everyone has understood about our time constraints in replying back. We both feel the prayers and love that you have for us.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: